Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teachers' Day Celebration

Dear 4/5'09

This entry is to thank all of you for putting up such a great performance and the obstacle couse that I had to go through yesterday. Much planning must have been put in and I was and still in awe at the efforts put in. The cards for the teachers were very thoughtful too. Thank you for making me look so pretty on the board. :) And...how can I forget the handsome 3 boys who were jammin on stage? Do be careful of charming the girls too much, O levels still come first. Yet, I must say, that was one great voice singing. Heh.

It's amazing to see the whole class there dancing on stage. It's no mean feat for all of you who are in the midst of preparing for the upcoming Grad Exams. Getting the whole class to participate is already not easy, getting people from the class who may not be so used to moving their hands and legs is even more difficult. Thank you to those who coordinated this major project.

To those people who so sportingly participated despite never having danced before on stage in their entire 16 years, thank you for being so confident and taking this first step. I truly appreciate it. I was once that awkward teenager who was made to dance on stage during Teachers' Day when I was in Sec 4 as well. I had to break through my own psychological barriers and start to be more comfortable with moving my limbs in accordance to the music and had to be humble to learn from friends.

Through that, I learnt humility, confidence, unity and the joy of accomplishing something after great efforts. In life, the chances of learning values are abundant, sometimes all it takes is an observant eye, a discerning mind and a reflective attitude. Our actions determine who we are, our habits determine our actions and our minds determine our habits. Be the people that you can be, for you can be great people. Treasure those around you now for they are part of your growing up journey and don't forget "Cogito ergo sum", "I think therefore I am". To add another meaningful quote to your list "Cape diem" which means "Seize the day" because after you think, you need to act.

See...I am actually a very serious teacher. Hahaha. This has been tangism 101. I hope you have enjoyed the short but not-too-short "lecture".

To sum, thank you for all you have done. :)

Ms Tang
1 Sept 09

No comments: